Friday, March 20, 2009

Website sketches

These are some layouts and ideas I'm working on for my new website. Super simple html with a flash viewer for a gallery. I have some ideas on how to improve these, but this is how far I got last night. I like those super simple minimal websites that just have small things in the middle of the page and a vast landscape behind them. I'm going to try and emulate some of those designs, in which case I have to make my images much smaller, and my composition more focused on the center of the page. Any tips, designers?


4 comments:

  1. I think this looks nice and elegant... if you're using background elements (like the faded pendants in the background) maybe think about adding some kind of balancing element to the lower right corner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It's simple and not too fussy. And I agree with Thom, maybe something to balance it out a bit. Maybe move the logo/name is the lower right? Or underneath like in the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice really like the top image set up.Have you thought about having an image rotate (slide show like) inside the frame.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! I was planning on putting in some kind of flash image viewer inside the frame, so it was literally "framed". Neat idea about the rotating I'll have to look into how to do that, Dave.

    ReplyDelete