Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Narratives




So, I love stories. Who doesn't, right? I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have to figure out what story I want to tell before I can begin to just assign it symbols. I mean, I know there's some symbols I like, and some that already have stories, but I want to manipulate them more to work for me, not just retell, y'know, what's already been told.
To a certain extent I think it is about communicating these old ideas that I'm obsessed with, arcane knowledges and mystical connections and archetypal strengths and mythological proportions. So it is about telling old stories. But its also about telling my story, and telling the wearers story, and how all three of those things will connect. And of course, making it pretty.
Grasping for imagery here. How does it relate? How do these things tie together?

No comments:

Post a Comment